This is the rear blind (I have a tailgate van).And from the other side.Offering the blind up to the opened tailgate.  One thing that I found tricky was getting it central, since there’s no easy reference point.Hole I drilled in the bottom, I had to make it a bit larger with a file so I could get the blind to sit correctly then apply some pressure to the blind whilst tightening the fixing.For the other fixings you have to cut the carpet with a sharp knife, pull it back then drill the small self tapping screw through the frame of the blind and into the metal frame of the van window.  When I tried this I couldn’t get the screw to cut into the van metal.  A quick call to the (very helpful) guy’s at Vanshades provided the answer which was to use the hammer setting on my drill!  The other thing that I found a bit strange was there’s very little guidance as to where to put the fixings, I would have though it would have been possible for these holes to be pre-drilled to avoid any confusion.Screw in place, although I wasn’t happy that they didn’t sit completely flush so I removed them and very carefully countersunk the hole.  One problem with me doing this is that I think some of the plastic swarf got onto the self adhesive backing of the carpet so it won’t stick down now so I’ll have to (vary carefully) glue it down later.
All done, although I haven’t covered up the screws yet.  Also the instructions suggest using four of the small fixing screws but I’ve only used a pair.

Categories: blinds

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.